Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quick Slow Slow

 

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, (James 1:19 NIV)

Quick to listen

Slow to speak. 

Slow to become angry.

I'd like to run away from all of those, please. I don't think I have ever come across a verse so convicting to me personally. It's these small things that trip me up. I absolutely love to talk. I would assume most bloggers do, blogging is our way to get our whole point across without being interrupted cnstantly.

But I could talk for hours, filling the air with meaningless words. 

And listening? I guess I listen when I need to, but I don't listen. I'm merely staying quiet thinking of what I have to say next. I mean, I hear what they have to say and give my attention, but I am SO far away from good listening skills. Don't even get me started on anger-I have a horrible temper. When I get mad I just want to rant and rage and I don't particularly feel like calming down. It's so hard for me to just let it go. 

These are the things I have to work on. My goal is to start being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. I would encourage you to do the same. Write it everywhere, and always have it in the back of your head. Pray about it. Don't merely listen to the Word, act on it!

~Haley

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in over a month! I didn't even realize that until a few days ago! School has been kind of busy lately but I'm settling into it so I'm going to try to go back to my usual blogging schedule. Thanks for your patience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment